Monday, May 17, 2010

Follow the Fellow

Honolulu, Hawai'i.  Winter 2009.




It rains every day in Hawai'i.  Not in a dark way, and it's rarely a heavy storm, but only twice in a blue moon does a go by on the islands without a gentle, sunny shower briefly passing through in the afternoon.  It's never enough rain to ruin our outdoor plans, and it always makes for plenty of rainbows.




We followed this rainbow all over Honolulu one afternoon.  The air is clearer over Oahu than it is over Ohio, so there's no smog for the rainbow to get lost in, and little pollution to dull it's colors.  We tried to catch it as it hung perpetually in front of us while we drove down the highway, but it was at it's most photogenic at the punchbowl, where it was appropriately patriotic. 



Look to the rainbow.  Over the rainbow.  Why are there so many songs about rainbows?

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Rainbows are promises.

When we finally got to Hawaii, I felt as if I could happily pitch a tent almost anywhere and be happy for a long time—but we had a wonderful condo for a week, so it wasn't necessary.

Again, your photos are beautiful.

Confessions of a Closet Hoarder but you can call me Judy said...

What beautiful photos you have! I love rainbows. They're just so full of hope. And I love these pictures you took of them. Breathtaking!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. And Ouch! So sorry you fell down the stairs to get away from a spider. Sadly, I'm sure I'm quite capable of doing the same! :D

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net