Thursday, July 8, 2010

Breaking Apart My Pictures of You

Curious thing happened last week.  My card reader decided to shuffle off into that good night, but chose to wait until I was mid-download.  There are all these rules about "properly ejecting the device" that you have to follow if you don't want to corrupt your files, but apparently there's nothing to be done if the device decides to Hari Kari itself for the greater good of throwing a monkey wrench into my machinery.

I jiggled the thing back to life for one last ditch attempt at recovery.  I managed to save about 95% before it finally, permanently, gave up the ghost.  As for the rest...







I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a little devastated.  My last computer died before it occurred to me to back up my photos on CD, and suddenly all those things were gone, just like that.  Like they never happened.  Now my memories are color-blocked.  

(That was a pun.  You're allowed to laugh piteously.)

No comments:

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net